The Maintenance Technician performs routine and preventive
maintenance at a community in order to maintain the physical integrity of the
property at all times. The Maintenance
Technician is responsible for all maintenance duties assigned by their supervisor,
and may be required to answer after hours service calls (Please see “On Call
Policy” for additional duties required)
- Handle all work assignments in a timely,
- Refurbish vacancies (Turnovers) including
painting, cleaning, and general maintenance repairs.
- Maintain property appearance including
monitoring grounds and common areas on a daily basis.
- Perform general repairs to buildings including,
but not limited to: interior/exterior painting, repair or adjusting entry
doors, replacing light bulbs or fixtures.
- Perform general repairs to apartments including,
but not limited to: patching and painting of drywall, repairs or changing of
locks, light plumbing of sinks and drains, electrical work such as changing
outlets and fixtures.
- Keep accurate records of work completed, and
control inventory expenses.
- Ensure that all fire and building codes are
adhered to; will notify supervisor immediately of any potential safety or
building code violations.
snow removal duties as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain integrity of the community by ensuring
confidentiality of resident and company information.
- When given On Call duty, must respond to after
hours and emergency maintenance calls within 20 minutes of being contacted by
- Must have valid driver’s license and registered,
inspected motor vehicle.
- Must have own tools and not live further than 20
minutes from property.
- Mechanical ability, as well as general knowledge
of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Personable, professional attitude